Sunday, March 29, 2009

Disney On Ice and Stomach Flu


My niece McKaylee and little Ella. That is how she layed pretty much the whole time. Poor girl!

Mickey and Minnie, Ella's favorite part of the whole show!

Donald and Daisy Duck
All of my sisters, their daughters, my mom, Ella, and me went to Disney on ice a couple of weekends ago. It was a lot of fun, but would have be more fun if Ella wasn't sick with the stomach flu. Don't think I am a bad mom for taking her, but I thought she was getting better until that night. On Friday she woke up being her normal self except for she wouldn't eat, which is not like Ella at all. She would eat all day long if she could. So we were sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden patruding throw up all over the couch, floor, and my right leg. I have never experienced throwing up so it was all new for me. She started to cry because she didn't know what was happening. So I change, get everything cleaned up, call my work and tell them I am not coming in. Start putting laundry in like her PJs, my pants, etc. when I go to leave the laundry room, and step in more throw up. So I changed my pants again, changed Ella's PJs again, put more laundry in, and went to lay down. She finally woke up, and threw up again, luckily this time I had a big blanket on us so she threw up all over that, which is a lot easier to clean. So the rest of the day she just slept. Then on Saturday she woke up ate a little, and drank lots of pedialyte, then pretty much just slept the rest of the day. So that night we went to Disney on ice. It was so sad she just laid in my lap, and wouldn't move. She got a fever, and stopped eating and drinking earlier that day. But she still enjoyed the show. She would clap here and there, and do a little, "Woo" cuz her cousins were doing it. Then at the end she fell asleep, but she woke up all of a sudden with a big grin and started clapping, then crashed asleep again. It was pretty funny. Let's just say we did have a fun time even though Ella didn't feel the best.

1 comment:

Aania Gowans said...

Just catching up! I can't believe that she is 18 months either! She is so beautiful, and so big! I am sorry that she is sick. I hate it when they are sick like that it is so sad!