Monday, April 14, 2008

OSCAR

So last thursday our cute little doggy Oscar snapped at Ella, he didn't bite her he just snapped. Which scared Ella, Zach, and me. We had to get rid of him because Ella is rolling all over and she is going to start crawling soon, and we just can't have him bite her or anything. He is a really great dog, he has always been scared of Ella until last week. He always gets really nervous around small kids and unfamiliar people. We knew there was a chance he would show aggression, but I guess we were really hoping it wouldn't happen. So we had to give him away, Zach's wonderful mom Keri found a home for him with an older couple in Cedar City. It sounds like it will actually be a better life for him. The lady was looking for a dog that was already trained that she could take on walks, play with, and just love. She is home all day so she can spend more time with him, and take him on walks. Let's be honest since we have had Ella, Oscar didn't get as much attention as he was used to. I was really sad about it, but knew we had to do it. I cried all weekend, and he could tell there was something going on by the way he was acting. He watched me pack up all his stuff and had the saddest eyes. It is weird to not have him around or just hanging out with us. We adopted him 2 years ago from the animal shelter. They had found him wandering the streets with matted fur, and super skinny. You could tell that he had been abused and neglected; I think that is why I was so sad because I wanted to make sure he wouldn't get in the same situation. Let's hope everything works out for him. I will miss him so much but know it is for the best!

2 comments:

Aania Gowans said...

Oh my gosh! That is so sad, but it's good that he will be able to have someone home all day! It's hard when you have kids, they just come first!!!

Robyn Reynolds said...

This is Jeff's wife that you work with and he just told me your blog so I decided to take a look. Your little girl is so much bigger than when I saw her at The Olive Garden. It is crazy how fast they grow. I worry our cat won't get any attention after this baby either and I am so paranoid it will sleep on the baby's head or something that I think it will no longer get to sleep with us. Animals get the shaft when kids are born. It is kind of sad.