Tuesday, October 5, 2010

St. George Marathon

We went down to St. George last weekend so I could run my last marathon ever :) We had a great time getting away from home and spending time with family. The marathon on the other hand wasn't as great. I finished in 4 hours and 26 minutes, almost 25 minutes slower than last year. It was rediculously hot this year, which didn't help. I was just glad I actually finished it, becuase I felt like dying. I got a massage in the park right after I finished, and it really helped. My mom also got me an hour long massage that same evening, which was a miracle. Thanks Mom :) Lauren doesn't believe me, but I have no plans of running a marathon again anytime in the near future. Apparently I said the same thing after last years STG Marathon. I'm going to stick to half marathons now. I guess it was the feeling sick to my stomach and throwing up after this years race that sort of turned me off of it. Thanks to everyone who was there to cheer me on at the halfway point and finish line!


A small part of the greatest cheering section
at the marathon.
So glad to finally be done.

A 15 minute massage after the race. This was
without a doubt the best 15 minutes of my
entire life.


1 comment:

Keri said...

We're so proud of you Zach!!!