Friday, June 20, 2008

My Trooper!!!

So it is official... last night we got some wonderful news. After almost 6 months of going through tests and interviews, Zach got offered a job as a State Trooper with the Utah Highway Patrol! His official hire date is July 3rd and will start academy on the 7th. He will go full time Monday through Friday either 8-5 or 7-4, and maybe some Saturdays. He will graduate in October then be placed in the field. They are going to pay him while he is at the academy and full benefits start the day he does. He is so excited and can't wait to start. I am also way excited for him, I know he will do such a good job and work really hard at it.

Also I am way excited that soon I will be able to spend a little more time home with Ella. I have been having such a hard time lately leaving my little Ella Bella that it is all happening at a perfect time. I have lots of pictures from Father's Day weekend that I will post in the next couple of days.

One more little note... I got a new calling on Tuesday. Since the beginning of the year Zach and I team teached the Marriage and Family Relations class. But on Tuesday they called us in and I am now the Primary Secretary in the Primary Presidency. I am way excited for this calling and can't wait to finally get to meet more people in the ward!

2 comments:

Nate and Marie Johnson said...

That's awesome! Good luck to him. I'm glad you get to stay home with Ella. I love the new look of the blog by the way

Sita, Shalie, Kalia, and Vili said...

Hey Zach it was so good to hear from you. Your little girl is beautiful! You guys look really happy. My husband just graduated on Friday, and he is also thinking about going into law enforcement. We should keep in touch.