Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smarty Pants...











Ella bug is becoming our little smarty pants. In just the last month she has learned and changed so much. She can now count from one to ten not only in English but also in Spanish. Thanks to Dora and Diego, Ella will be fluent in Spanish and English. Haha. Zach and I will have to learn some Spanish so we know what she is saying to us. She also likes to say every word we say, knows lots of animal sounds, sings lots of songs, dances, and now we are working on her colors. She picks up things really fast and remembers them. She is also getting better at throwing temper tantrums. Her new thing is if I tell her not to do something or put her in time out she will say, "Mommy do it." If Zach does it then it will be, "Dada do it." The other day she fell and scraped her knee then came to me and said, "Mommy, Grandma do it." My mom wasn't even by her. I thought it was pretty funny. She is still funny and keeps us entertained, but if she throws a fit watch out. I think the terrible twos are coming faster then we want. Ella also showed interest in going potty a little over a month ago. I went and bought her a potty, but she wouldn't use it she had to go on the big girl potty. She went a couple times then stopped showing interest. I also didn't want to force it on her because then she won't do it. But now she will take off her diaper and want to go potty. I haven't had a couple of days to stay home and do it. Zach and I are going on a trip next week, and I think after that I am going to try and potty train her. Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

Deidra said...

That picture with the flower is so super cute! I would love to get together! I don't have too many plans so far so I should be good anytime. And we should be in town until around the 18th!

Fransens said...

Hey Lauren! It's Jamie(Smart)! Your temple pics with the tulips are adorable! It's been fun to catch up with you through facebook and your blog. If you want to check out our blog it is jamieandkylefransen@blogspot.com.